Second life of your things
Restoration of leather things
Liquid putty is an ideal tool for repair and restoration of serious damage: tears, scuffs, cuts, burns, on leather products. With the help of this unique product that has appeared on the market recently, you will return your leather product to its original appearance and extend its service life. Liquid putty is suitable for the restoration of leather furniture, car dealership seats, shoes, clothes, accessories made of leather, leatherette, eco leather, etc. Such a tool can be used in professional workshops and ordinary living conditions. At the same time, it is easy to buy liquid putty; it is on the free market. The main colors of the liquid putty are black and white.
The advantages of liquid putty:
- After applying the first layer, the result is already noticeable;
- Easily lays on the repaired surface, completely "merging" with the product material;
- It is well absorbed, forming a dense and elastic layer;
- Dries quickly;
- During the operation of the repaired product, the skin does not rough and does not crack;
- Withstands temperature extremes and moisture;
- It is not washed off and is not erased;
- It has good adhesive properties.
The use of liquid putty
When repairing this product, use a brush or spatula. Putty should be applied in several thin layers, to obtain a better result; a thick layer will lie roughly, will dry out for a long time, and the quality of the repair may not turn out as you expected. Let the product dry, the optimum temperature is 20 - 22 C. The time interval between the application of the layers is two hours, you can blow dry a hairdryer.
How to repair leather shoes
- To get started, prepare the shoes for repair, they must be clean and dry. Degrease the surface of the damaged area, if various nourishing and protective agents for shoes were used, be sure to treat the shoes with anti-silicone agent and degrease with alcohol;
- Sand irregularities and upturned edges of leather gaps with fine-grained emery paper, sand them;
- If the product has large tears, glue them first. Wait until the glue dries, and then apply putty of the same color as the product or a few tones lighter;
- After the putty has dried, paint over the area with liquid skin of the same color as the boots. Wait until the product dries for two hours, at a temperature of 20 - 22 C. After drying, the color of the shoes will even out, and the repaired area will not be noticeable.
Liquid putty is an indispensable tool for the repair of leather products. With its help it is possible to smooth out shallow cracks, chips after gluing the product, to process torn sections; it evens out the skin after repair with patches, and also removes scuffs and scratches.
Properties of liquid putty
- Ease of use;
- Holds on the product for several years, even after operation in different conditions;
- Easy to choose a shade;
- Restores the shape of the product;
- It penetrates well into the skin, becoming one with it;
- Makes the skin supple and strong;
- After restoration, the skin is soft and pleasant to the touch.
After using liquid putty, the material of your product will be restored, and the appearance will improve. Liquid putty is a high-quality and well-proven tool for repairing leather products.